We offers one (1) year of targeted support during your university student teaching.
While completing your degree and earning your teaching certification, CREATE matches you with a trained mentor teacher from one of our partner schools within Atlanta Public Schools, provides you with a stipend and rallies a community of like-minded educators to support your launch into the teaching profession. Read more below.
- Enrolled in Georgia State University’s College of Education and Human Development for the the upcoming school year in one of the following programs:
- B.S. in Education (P-5) with ESOL Endorsement
- B.S. in Education (P-5) and Special Education, General Education Curriculum (P-12) Dual Certification
- B.S. in Education – Middle Level Education
- M.A. in Teaching – Middle Level Education
- Entering their final year of study during the upcoming school year, with the expectation of graduation at the end of the upcoming Spring semester
In good academic standing with GSU
- Willing to commit to 1 year in residency program, working in one of our 17 partner schools within Atlanta Public Schools
In year 1, new teachers will complete their practicum and student teaching within a CREATE school and will receive the following supports:
- $3,000 living expenses/tuition stipend during school year
- Placed with a CREATE-trained Mentor Teacher in an APS school
- Complimentary spot in a 4-day Summer Resident Academy
- Up to an additional $1,000 for attending career launch workshops (resume & cover letter writing, practice interviews)