Equity-Centered Critical Friendship (ECCF): This 4-day retreat is a great program to get started or update your skills, dispositions, and embodiment of what equitable education looks like today. New to this session will be conversations around culturally responsive pedagogy and liberatory practices in education that center on deep learning and joy in ourselves and our students. This program is offered two different times this summer.
This program is a prerequisite for CREATE's Equity Facilitation Fellowship.
- Date: July 18-21, 2022
- Times: 9am-3pm
- Location: Georgia State University's Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Educators at CREATE schools earn a stipend of $360 for full participation. Non- CREATE school cost: $500
- Registration deadline: Friday, July 15th, 2022
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/3DRjaKjmnQBDGsnk9
The Equity Facilitation Fellowship (EFF): This year-long fellowship provides teachers and school/district leaders opportunities to:
- Network with like-minded educators on topics, issues, and strategies for weaving equity into all aspects of your work
- Strengthen your equity-centered facilitation skills for a variety of contexts and situations
- Be inspired, learn to facilitate, and sustain practices and strategies that foster holistic healing, liberation and joy in yourselves and your education settings
- Deeply engage with CREATE's network of leaders and thought partners in education equity conversations and work locally and nationally (K-20 settings)
- Ongoing access to virtual resources, training, and other virtual engagements via CREATE's new online platform (currently for registered CREATE programming participants only)
Registration info: The Fellowship application opens July 18!
Virtual information sessions: More details about upcoming EFF virtual information sessions in July are coming soon.