Registration for Summer 2021 is now open!
CREATE offers four (4) Equity-Centered Professional Learning Opportunities
Equity-Centered Critical Friendship (ECCF) is offered as a 4-day immersive institute or as an 8-week institute during which participants encounter what it looks, sounds, and feels like to be a part of a community of practitioners fiercely committed to educational equity and excellence.
Participants will engage:
- New understandings of individual and collective identity; concepts pertaining to racial equity; reflection on equity in education and broad systemic inequities
- Strategies for community-building and reflection through facilitated protocols and open discussions
- Intentional community building through established agreements and reflection
- Practice of skills needed for participation in and facilitation of equity-centered, collaborative practices
Concepts we explore during ECCF institute:
- Ideological oppression and structure of identity
- Internalized oppression and self-awareness
- Interpersonal oppression and social awareness
- Institutional oppression and systems awareness
ECCF is designed for:
- P-16 educators, non-profit organizations, consultants and community advocates
ECCF Registration Rates
Cultivating Equity Leadership Retreat is a year-long professional development offering for educators interested in developing their capacity to drive equity-centered work. As a community, we’ll cultivate a critical-compassionate stance, consider “equity accountability”, and examine when and how a holistic framework might help us navigate complex dilemmas and make challenging decisions.
The cohort will meet five times: one Saturday in fall 2020, one Saturday in spring 2020, and 3 days (as a retreat) in June 2021.
Participants will experience:
- Reflect on a research-based framework that integrates equity and adult social and emotional learning
- Engage thought-provoking dialogue with a diverse range of cohort accountability partners
- Engage optional one-on-one leadership coaching sessions with Dr. Folami Prescott-Adams
This retreat is designed for:
- School administrators, teachers, and others who lead initiatives/organizations in service of positive outcomes for students, families and/or communities.
The Equity Facilitation Fellowship is an 8-month leadership and facilitation program designed for educators who…
- have expressed a commitment to leading, designing, and facilitating equity-centered learning experiences in their school communities
- seek the opportunity to go deeper with their own transformational leadership development alongside other leaders
The objective of the Fellowship is to harness the skills required for facilitation of conversations about educational equity and justice in your school, organization, or life. The Fellowship also prepares educators for possible opportunities to co-facilitate CREATE-led events.
The Fellowship provides teachers and school/district leaders opportunities to:
- network with like-minded educators
- strengthen equity-centered facilitation skills
- be inspired and sustain holistic healing
In order to be considered for the fellowship, applicants must be able to attend all sessions:
- September: Orientation
- October: Identity Development
- November: Critically-Conscious and Compassionate Framework
- December: Social Gathering
- January: The Art of Facilitation
- February: Critically-Conscious and Compassionate Framework
- March: Guest Speaker
- April: Critically-Conscious and Compassionate Framework
- May: Professional Presentation
All sessions are two (2) hours in length and typically held in the evenings
$1000 - Registration and Materials
Equity Evening Meetings provide an opportunity for educators fiercely committed to educational equity and excellence to gather for reflection, learning and community. These 2-hour meetings once a month will also provide a space to:
- Commit to interrupt inequities in personal and professional contexts
- Deepen content knowledge and resources for the facilitation of conversations that uplift equity
- Develop a deeper awareness of our own identities
- Use and be introduced to self-care and contemplative practices
- Build community across all types of schools and other organizations that serve children and families
The prerequisite for attending these evening meetings is to have fully participated in at least one of the following CREATE offerings:
Upcoming Equity Evenings (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
9/17, 10/15, 11/12, 12/11, 1/14, 2/11, 3/11, 4/8, 5/13
All sessions will be from 5pm to 7pm via Zoom .