CREATE offers three (3) Equity-Focused Professional Learning opportunities to all the experienced educators across our partner schools.
Equity-Centered Critical Friendship (ECCF) is a 4-day immersive institute where participants experience what it looks, feels and sounds like to be a part of a community of practitioners fiercely committed to educational equity and excellence.
Participants will explore:
- Individual and collective identity
- Strategies for community-building and reflection
- Perspectives and skills that are equity-centered, collaborative and reflective practices
ECCF is designed for:
- P-16 educators, non-profit organizations, consultants and community advocates
The general timeline of an ECCF Institute is as follows:
Day 1 - Ideology: explore identity through narrative; establish agreements; build community
Day 2 - Internalized: learn racial equity concepts; reflect on equity in education
Day 3 - Interpersonal: present dilemmas of practice with peers
Day 4 - Institutional: examine systemic inequities through the use of protocols
Virtual ECCF Registration Rates
*Each CREATE school may receive up to two complimentary slots.
Each additional educator is $250.
(P-16 educators, non profit leaders, consultants and community advocates)
Cultivating Equity Leadership is a 2-day leader retreat designed to cultivate an equitable and compassionate leadership perspective in collaboration with an ongoing community of educators focused on accountability and a holistic framework for understanding educational equity.
Participants will experience:
- Reflection on a research-based framework integrating equity and adult social and emotional learning
- Thought-provoking dialogue with future accountability partners from a diverse set of contexts and school types
- Two optional one-on-one leadership coaching sessions with Dr. Folami Prescott-Adams; one before and one after the retreat
This retreat is designed for:
- School leaders, teacher leaders and others who lead initiatives and organizations in service of positive outcomes for the students they serve
Retreat Registration Rates
*Each CREATE school may receive 1 complimentary seat.
Each additional registrant $125.
(School leaders, teacher leaders and others who lead initiatives and organizations in service of positive outcomes for the students they serve)
The Equity Facilitation Fellowship is designed for Educators who…
- seek the opportunity to go deeper with their own transformational leadership development with other equity-focused leaders
- have expressed a commitment to leading, designing, and facilitating equity-centered learning experiences in their school communities
The Equity Facilitation Fellowship provides innovative educators the opportunity to:
- Network with like-minded educators across CREATE schools
- Strengthen equity-centered facilitation skills
- Build skills, be inspired and sustain holistic healing
In order to be considered for the fellowship, applicants must be able to attend:
- October: Orientation
- November: Identity Development
- December: Social Gathering
- January: Art of Facilitation
- February: Interpersonal Oppression
- March: Guest Speaker
- April: Institutionalized Oppression
- May: Professional Presentation
All meetings are two (2) hours in length and typically held in the evenings
$150 Materials only
$1000 - Registration and Materials